Under the direction of the Tribal Administrator, this position develops, implements, and coordinates Torres Martinez Desert Cahuilla Indians “Tribe” emergency response management programs, projects, and services, to protect and preserve the safety of its tribal members, employees and facilities. The emergency response manager must maintain relationships with emergency response agencies to facilitate inter-agency operations in times of emergencies and preparedness.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Associates degree in in Emergency Management or related field is required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Four or more years of experience in emergency management, disaster recovery planning, program/project management or urban planning required.
- Experience working with Tribal Governments preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Community Emergency Response Team Certification (CERT).
- This position is required to drive and therefore requires possession of a valid California Class C driver's license and ability to maintain insurability under the Tribe's auto insurance policy throughout employment.
This position has duties and responsibilities that require regular contact with or control over Indian children and is therefore subject to the background investigative process to comply with P.L. 101-630.
All positions require applicant be at least 18 years of age. Those selected for a position are subject to a background investigation, drug screening and possible participation in the DMV Pull Program. References will be checked.
To learn more detailed information about the position duties and requirements, please contact Human resources Department at (760) 541-5216.