Under the direction of the Tribal Council, the tribal Economic Development Director will oversee the strategic planning process, development and growth of profitable new business opportunities and the Corporation's acquisition strategy. The Economic Development Director is responsible for all aspects of managing and motivating the business development of the Torres Martinez Desert Cahuilla; also ensure the business growth through directing and managing the Torres Martinez Desert Cahuilla business development strategy.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree in Business Management or Marketing; MBA preferred.
- Minimum seven (7) years of demonstrated business development experience.
- Prior experience in strategic planning, business development, acquisition sourcing, government contracting and due diligence.
- Strong MS Office skills including Excel modeling, Word and Power Point, and Project Management.
- Knowledge of Federal, State, and Tribal laws and compacts preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and direct others to accomplish complex major activities and report on operations and activities which are very broad in scope.
LICENSES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
Continuously throughout employment, must possess a valid California Class C driver's license and maintain insurability under the Tribe's vehicle insurance policy.
All positions require applicant be at least 18 years of age. Those selected for a position are subject to a background investigation, drug screening and possible participation in the DMV Pull Program. References will be checked.
To learn more detailed information about the position duties and requirements, please contact Human Resources Department at (760)541-5216